The CCAS, together with the AFL NSW/ACT, have compiled an elite junior development program which includes on field and off field components.
Members of each respective squad will be exposed to technical skill development, athlete education, sports science and fitness elements and these athletes will be provided a talent identification platform for future talent programs.
The junior boys program will run from October to April and will cater for boys 9 – 12 years of age. The age is the age you turn this year (2019)
The girls program will run in conjunction and will cater for girls 10 – 13 years of age. The age is the age you turn this year (2019)
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- Weekly (first block) and fortnightly (second block) training sessions to further develop skills.
- Education on topics such as: nutrition and strength & conditioning.
- Academy Games (inter regional academy competition)
- Training/playing guernsey, shorts and socks & CCAS training apparel including backpack & training shirt.
- Access to special deals and preferential pricing from sponsors and suppliers.
- 4 tickets to the CCAS Athlete Celebration (Oct 2020).
The CCAS AFL program is designed to up-skill athletes and assist them in progressing to higher representation in the sport of AFL. The boys AFL programs operates during the AFL ‘off season’ this is done to limit clashes with local games and competitions and to prepare athletes in the off season prior to the upcoming representative season ahead. Each program will ensure athletes progress against the FTEM Model of athlete development, Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery.
To be eligible to apply for a position within the Junior Boys AFL program, athletes must:
- Be males 9 – 12 years of age (i.e born in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007).
- Be females 10 – 13 years of age (i.e born in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006)
- Reside within the Central Coast Region.
- Attend school within the Central Coast Region.
- Be registered with a local AFL club/association.
Trials will be held for the junior boys program where AFL Footballers of the highest standard regardless of position will be selected. A panel of CCAS coaches and administrators will review each applicant at the scheduled trial day with a representative from AFL NSW/ACT being consulted regarding the suitability of athletes.
The CCAS decision regarding athlete selection is based on objective and subjective measures and the CCAS holds final responsibility for the selection of athlete’s into this talent development program.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
Sorry. This form is no longer available.