The Central Coast Academy of Sport (CCAS) is now accepting applications from athletes interested in trialling for a scholarship position within the CCAS 2021/22 Beach Volleyball program.
The Regional Academies of Sport Incorporated (RASi) and Volleyball NSW (VNSW) have newly partnered up to support the holistic development of athletes and coaches in the Youth performance pathway.
The CCAS Volleyball program provides a unique opportunity for local athletes looking to gain further individual skills and to support the holistic development of athletes and coaches in the Youth performance pathway.
The CCAS 2021/22 Volleyball program serves to be the state endorsed development program for athletes and coaches who currently aspire to be identified for and nominated to the Phoenix performance programs. Our program will be in line to mirror with Phoenix performance priorities.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the CCAS Beach Volleyball program:
- Be a part of the state endorsed development program for athletes and coaches who currently are or aspire to be identified for and nominated to the Phoenix performance programs.
- Establish a holistic sport specific and athletic education baseline for pre-elite athletes.
- Deliver a standardised local training environment directly in line with Phoenix performance priorities.
- Volleyball specific training sessions led by VNSW accredited coaches
- Strength and conditioning and athlete education led by Academy approved presenters
The CCAS Beach Volleyball program is an endorsed pathway of VNSW, the pathway is designed to up-skill athletes and assist them in progressing to higher representation in the sport of volleyball. The programs operates during the summer months of October to April annually. This timing is done to limit clashes with local games and competitions and to prepare athletes prior to the upcoming representative season ahead. The volleyball program will ensure athletes progress against the FTEM Model of athlete development, Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery.
To be eligible to apply for a position within the CCAS Beach Volleyball program, athletes must:
- Open to both Male and Female Athletes born between the years of 2004 and 2011 inclusive
- Eligible to compete in Volleyball NSW events.
- Reside within the Central Coast Region.
- Attend school within the Central Coast Region.
- Be registered with a Volleyball club.
- Be a registered member of VNSW.
In partnership with Volleyball NSW, VNSW will utilise the talent depth charts available to the high performance staff to identify and invited athletes to the program
The VNSW decision regarding athlete selection is based on objective and subjective measures and the CCAS as the delivery arm for VNSW holds final responsibility for the acceptance of athlete’s into this talent development program.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY