The 2017/18 CCAS Gosford RSL Cycling Program aims at providing coaching, training, testing, competition and facilities to improve athlete development with a view to developing the skill level of athletes which will enhance their opportunities for selection into state & national teams/squads and the NSWIS program as scholarship holders. Central Coast Academy of Sport Cycling squad members are given access to special events and opportunities offered exclusively to Academy athletes across the state by Cycling NSW.
CCAS Cycling athletes will be identified and invited into the program based on results and performance at club level.
To be eligible for the CCAS Gosford RSL Cycling program, athletes must be:
– Currently residing within the Local Government Area (LGA) of Central Coast Council;
– Be a registered member of a cycling club affiliated with NSW Cycling; and hold a gold licence with Cycling Australia.
– Be male or female, in junior U15 or junior U17; provision for U13, U19 & U23 riders to qualify upon application.
– Demonstrate through past performance and/or potential, the ability to reach or exceed a top five place within the state within 12 months of selection; Be a driven athlete, who is dedicated to improvement, and committed to every session.
– Selection based on achieving nominated qualifying times at either a major event i.e. NSW State Championship or at CCAS Cycling program qualification trials.
– Current members of NSW or Australian (road or track) Cycling Team will be offered direct entry to the program.
– Athletes who possess strong skills and performance at state level in other sports (sprint or endurance) will also be considered (e.g. BMX, MTB)
- Individual, as well as squad coaching from World Champion and World Record Holder Mick Curran
- Insight into what it takes to become a professional athlete
- Opportunities to represent the CCAS at various events
- Access to sports science testing equipment and technologies
- Access to myAIS basecamp coordinated by the Australian Institute of Sport
- 50% discount on 2XU products and various other athlete discounts including preferred pricing for CCAS apparel, Victor Sports, Mingara One Gym and Water to Go products