The CCAS, together with Volleyball NSW, have compiled a pathway development program where athletes and coaches will have greater access to engage with Volleyball NSW endorsed higher level volleyball.
Scholarship athletes will be exposed to high level presentations across a variety of subjects designed to introduce pre-elite athletes to information essential to advancing up the performance pathway. The indoor volleyball program will cover technical skill development, sports science and fitness elements, the content will provide each athlete an important step for future talent programs.
Athletes who are registered within the Regional Academy program will have the best opportunity for selection to the Youth Phoenix (State Team) program.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the CCAS Volleyball NSW program:
- On court training aimed at increasing the skill and education level of athletes who undertake the program
- Access to education topics such as nutrition, strength & conditioning, youth leadership, sport psychology, social media (as examples)
- Your Local Club Academy Games (inter regional academy competition)
- Training / playing uniform, CCAS training apparel including backpack & training shirt.
- Access to special deals and preferential pricing from sponsors and suppliers.
- 4 tickets to the CCAS Athlete Celebration (Generally held Oct annually).
- Event / competition opportunities with neighbouring Academies of Sport (TBC).
The CCAS volleyball program is an endorsed pathway of VNSW, the pathway is designed to up-skill athletes and assist them in progressing to higher representation (Phoenix) in the sport of Volleyball. The program operates during the months of May to September annually. This timing is done to limit clashes with local games and competitions and to prepare athletes prior to the upcoming representative season ahead.
The Volleyball program will ensure athletes progress against the FTEM Model of athlete development, Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery.
To be eligible to apply for a position within the CCAS Volleyball program, athletes must:
- The program is aimed at athletes in the ‘Youth Bracket’ (ages 12-18)
- Be eligible to compete in VNSW events.
- Reside within the Central Coast Region.
- Attend school within the Central Coast Region.
- Be a registered member of Central Coast Volleyball.
Selection Process & How To Apply
The CCAS in partnership with VNSW have worked with the Regional Academy Network to build a talent pathway in the sport of volleyball.
VNSW have opened an Expression of Interest (EOI) form whereby interested athletes can register their intent to apply for a scholarship position. To Apply athletes should click this link and submit an EOI:
The VNSW decision regarding athlete selection is based on objective and subjective measures and the CCAS as the delivery arm for VNSW holds final responsibility for the acceptance of athlete’s into this talent development program.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
Sorry. This form is no longer available.