The CCAS, together with Water Polo NSW, have compiled a pathway development program which includes an online education program. The online program will act as a precursor to an ‘in water’ program.
Scholarship athletes will be exposed to high level presentations across a variety of subjects designed to introduce pre-elite athletes to information essential to advancing up the performance pathway. The ‘in water’ program will cover technical skill development, sports science and fitness elements, the content will be provide each athlete an important step for future talent programs.
The program will run from July to March and will cater for boys and girls eligible to compete in WPNSW events in the U14, U16 and U18 age groups.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the CCAS Water Polo NSW program:
- Online education & training including topics such as: nutrition, strength & conditioning, youth leadership, sport psychology, social media (as examples)
- Your Local Club Academy Games (inter regional academy competition)
- Training/playing uniform, CCAS training apparel including backpack & training shirt.
- Access to special deals and preferential pricing from sponsors and suppliers.
- 4 tickets to the CCAS Athlete Celebration (Oct 2021).
- When ‘in water’ starts, weekly / fortnightly sessions with qualified / endorsed WPNSW coaches.
The CCAS Water Polo program is an endorsed pathway of WPNSW, the pathway is designed to up-skill athletes and assist them in progressing to higher representation in the sport of Water Polo. The programs operates during the 9 month period of July to March annually. This timing is done to limit clashes with local games and competitions and to prepare athletes prior to the upcoming representative season ahead. The Water Polo program will ensure athletes progress against the FTEM Model of athlete development, Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery.
To be eligible to apply for a position within the CCAS Water Polo program, athletes must:
- Eligible to compete in WPNSW events in the U14, U16 and U18 age groups.
- Reside within the Central Coast Region.
- Attend school within the Central Coast Region.
- Be registered with a Central Coast Water Polo club.
- Be a registered member of WPNSW.
In partnership with WPNSW, WPNSW will utilise the talent depth charts available to the high performance staff to identify and invited athletes to the program
The WPNSW decision regarding athlete selection is based on objective and subjective measures and the CCAS as the delivery arm for WPNSW holds final responsibility for the acceptance of athlete’s into this talent development program.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
Sorry. This form is no longer available.