The CCAS Athletics program has been designed to assist local Track & Field athletes with “value-add” benefits to their exisiting training schedule and programming. The CCAS provides “off the track” support to eligible athletes and assists athletes connect with suitable coaches in each discipline if needed.
Athletes that qualify for the program and are selected for the associate scholarship program will have access to special training sessions, professional presenters and resources across a range of educational and personal development topics such as nutrition, sports psychology, drugs in sport/community, youth leadership and injury prevention.
Track and Field athletes will have access to the following benefits as a CCAS athlete:
- CCAS Merchandise pack including backpack, polo shirt, singlet and water bottle plus discounts on all other CCAS uniform items.
- 6 Month Mingara Gym Membership Voucher
- Mingara Athletics Track Pass
- Education Sessions on topics such as Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Drugs in Sport and Youth Leadership
- Access to Strength & Conditioning support and advice
- A musculoskeletal screening and education session from Coast Sport
- Monthly or bi-monthly skills based sessions from expert coaches
Each applicant is reviewed by a selected panel of CCAS coaches, administrators and invited representatives. The minimum performance requirement guide is demonstrated via the entry matrix for Regional Academy athletes set by Athletics NSW and can be found here: REGIONAL ACADEMY ENTRY MATRIX
The CCAS decision/s regarding athlete selection is based on objective and subjective measures and the CCAS hold final responsibility for the selection of athletes.
Scholarship athletes are selected from local Central Coast athletics clubs and receive the associated benefits of being a scholarship holder through the CCAS in the anticipation of progressing further through to state and national selection. The Athletics program follows the FTEM Model of pathway development, from Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery of the sport.
To be eligible for a CCAS Athletics Associate Scholarship, athletes must be:
- 13 – 20 years of age as of 31st December 2020 (University students aged 20 to 25 are also eligible)
- Currently residing in the Central Coast Council LGA
- A current registered member of Athletics NSW or willing to join Athletics NSW for the next season
- Must currently train with a coach or be willing to start training with a coach
- Committed to progressing to higher representation within track or field
Sorry. This form is no longer available.