The CCAS, together with UAA, Hockey NSW and the Central Coast Hockey Association have developed an elite junior development program including on field and off field components, with a major emphasis on individual skill development and game sense.
The purpose of the hockey program is to:
- Provide an environment for the athletes to develop
- Give access to quality services and programs as they progress through the Hockey pathways
- Prepare athletes for the 2018 Hockey season
- Provide a coach education program for Regional Academy coaches, with the support of Hockey NSW Regional Coaching Coordinator (RCC) Network
The CCAS will select a squad of male and female hockey players, who are of the highest standard regardless of position. Selectors will focus on the individual skills of athletes rather than a teams performance. A selection panel of CCAS coaches and independent coaches will review each applicant.
The CCAS decision regarding athlete selection is based on objective and subjective measures and the CCAS holds final responsibility for the selection of athlete’s into this development program.
The Central Coast Academy of Sport Hockey program is designed to up-skill athletes and assist them in progressing to higher representation in the sport. The program operates during the months of October to April, athletes will progress and be assessed against the FTEM Model of athlete development; Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery.
To be eligible for selection into the CCAS Hockey program scholarship athletes must:
- Be turning 16 – 18 years old in 2018 (Athletes born 2000 – 2001 – 2002).
- Not be a scholarship holder in the Hockey NSW AAP for the same term.
- Reside and/or go to school or play in the Central Coast Local Government Area to qualify for selection. With residential being the primary selection criteria.
- Be a registered primary member of a Hockey NSW affiliated Association as at July 01, 2017.
- Only be a scholarship holder in one Academy annually.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
Sorry. This form is no longer available.