Athletes must meet the eligibility and requirements in order to receive a future stars scholarship.
To apply for a CCAS Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific future stars scholarship position, potential athletes are required to complete an academy future stars application form and must attach a cover sheet and application letter along with supporting materials (e.g. newspaper articles) in the allocated sections of the form.
Once completed and submitted, applications are forwarded to the programs manager, for consideration by the CCAS future stars selection panel. All applicants will receive a written response from the CCAS following a decision from the selection panel. Scholarship athletes from the Donnica Clarke Foundation must apply on line for acceptance into the program, this is done annually approx late March early April each year.
– Athletes must be representing their chosen sport at an elite level (regional / state / national representation)
– Athletes must be aged between 12 & 25 years of age in the applicable year (contact CCAS if you wish to be considered but do not fall in this age category)
– Athletes must reside within the LGA of Central Coast Council
– Athletes must be participating in a sport outside that of the current CCAS sport programs OR must be outside the applicable age of a particular CCAS sport program (e.g. CCAS Basketball program is open to athletes aged 16 & under, therefore an athlete aged 17-25 is eligible to apply for a future stars scholarship as they are ineligible for selection within the basketball program.
The following requirements apply to selected scholarship recipients:
– Selected athletes must attend an interview with CCAS representatives prior to commencing their scholarship to determine specific requirements.
– Athletes must only use benefits that they are not already receiving through an elite Academy or Institute of Sport program (e.g. NSW Institute of Sport [NSWIS] or Australian Institute of Sport [AIS]).
– Athletes must be available to attend and / or support CCAS special events such as the Annual Academy Awards Evening, athlete educations sessions and other events as they arise as a representative of the CCAS.
– Athletes must report to the CCAS any sporting achievements / selections.
– Athletes must use all compulsory benefits on offer to scholarship recipients.
*Please note that CCAS reserves the right to withdraw athletes from the future stars program if the above requirements are not being met.
*Donnica Clarke Scholarship athletes are provided a Future Stars placement upon selection by the DCF and acceptance by the scholarship athlete. DCF Scholarship athletes have the option of accepting a Future Stars position with the CCAS.
Future Star scholarship holders receive the following benefits:
– 12-month full gym membership with Mingara One or Crowne Plaza Terrigal, which includes gym and pool access and an initial personal consultation session with a qualified fitness instructor. **Full Gym Memberships only available to those 15 years and older.
– Media promotion through CCAS media channels.
– A complete CCAS uniform kit including a polo shirt, training t-shirt, training singlet, tracksuit, hoodie, backpack, and squeeze bottle. DCF Scholarship athletes will receive: training t-shirt, training singlet, shorts, backpack, and squeeze bottle
– 1 x full screen assessment and report at Hills Street Sports Medicine Centre and heavily discounted follow up treatments (if required)
Additional optional benefits:
– Access to attend educational seminars presented by the CCAS.
– Access to a CCAS athlete discounted rate to purchase CCAS merchandise.
We encourage each athlete to use as many of the additional optional benefits as possible that are on offer to gain maximum benefit from the scholarship.