THE Central Coast Academy of Sport CALLAWAY Golf Program is back in full swing for 2018, returning to their regular training schedule having recently attended a state of the art sports testing two-day camp at the Jason Laws Golf Academy at Fern Bay. The camp was developed in partnership with Jack Newton Junior Golf, Newcastle Golf Club, the Hunter Academy of Sport and Jason Laws Golf Academy.
The Newcastle Golf Club is a hidden gem and access to the Jason Laws Golf Academy is set on the driving range facility at Newcastle Golf Club. Special guest teaching professional Jason Laws and JNJG Head Coach Khan Pullen hosted the two day camp, armed with the latest state of the art equipment to help analyse and refine each athletes’ game.
Technology used to analyse each athletes’ game at the two day camp included:
- SAM PuttLab – video and motion sensors measure face alignment, face rotation, impact, swing path, launch and much more.
- K-Vest – a digital swing vest that identifies correct posture, spine angle, takeaway, back swing, impact and follow through.
- AimPoint – green reading education allowing athletes to get a reliable read using the feel and weight per the slope under their feet. Personal calibration is used to determine speed, distance and the final read.
- Hit, Hold and Check – gave the athletes three guaranteed pitch shots for more consistency around the greens.
- Elite Breathing Program – identifying correct breathing techniques through the nose to help control emotions, stay cool in a playoff situation or calm the nerves on the first tee.
Jason Millers, CCAS Callaway golf squad manager said of the camp: “Athletes were empowered with so much knowledge from all of the experiences over the two days. With so much video analysis, mirrors and data printouts – the ‘Seeing was Believing’ in terms of what technology athletes were given access to. Nine holes each day on the beautiful Newcastle Golf Club allowed athletes the opportunity to put everything straight into practice.
On behalf of the athletes, their local Golf Clubs and parents; a massive thank you must go out to everyone involved in hosting and setting up this amazing and advanced opportunity”.
Mark Tipple, the CCAS Programs & Communications Coordinator said of the camp: “The 2017/18 Callaway Golf squad has had fantastic performance support this season with Coast Sport and Alta Athletic providing insight into strength and conditioning expectations for the modern golfer. For the golfers to have access to state of the art technology and fantastic facilities only helps take their games to the next level, faster! There is a really exciting buzz about what this years’ group can produce at the 2018 ‘Your Local Club’ Academy Games and other tournaments that Jack Newton Junior Golf are hosting”.